Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Just a "poopy" Day!

Have you ever had those moments where you just want to get angry because something is so wrong but can't because it's just too funny!! Well I had a couple of those moments yesterday with young master Jackson that I just needed to share!

First thing in the morning after I finished feeding Jackson, I hop over the babygate to get my breakfast and does he not come running up to the gate with his diaper in hand! Yes he has learnt to take his own diaper off and he thought he would be helpful by running it over to Mommy to put in the garbage!

I was like ahhhhhh it doesn't have poo in it does it? Did you pee on the carpet? He shakes his head no, drops the diaper, trots back to the livingroom proudly and sits down on the floor to finish watching Imagination Movers.

I hop back over the gate survey the situation see that he has not peed on the floor and quickly get a new diaper on him.

Which if you know me well, you have heard the stories that putting a new diaper on Jackson is not an easy task, the child must be pinned down to get the new one on!

So no big deal situation under control off to work we go!

So we get home last night from work and I am trying to get dinner started, unpack from the day, change Jackson's bum etc etc!

So as I try to get him pinned down so I can make a smooth job of changing his bum does he not wiggle out of my grasp and within half a second has squatted on the living room floor and pooed!
Oh ya you're saying he didn't but yes he did! He left a soft, mushy, mustard coloured pile of poo on my living room floor before I even had a chance to realize what had happened! I kid you not it was that quick!

So as I am springing up off the floor, yelling Jackson what have you done and don't touch it. He proudly stands there pointing at it, giggling and talking jibberish. It was a great site to see, I couldn't decide whether I should scold him for doing it or just laugh because it really was funny to see him dancing around this wonderful gift he was so happy to have left me! So I just laughed, told him not to touch it as I quickly got him changed and into his highchair for dinner so I could get it cleaned up before dinner!

The irony of the whole thing was that he did it about 2 feet away from his potty chair and when I did point out that poo goes in the potty and not on mommy's floor, he then proceeded over to the potty, lifted the lid, sat down. screamed in joy, hopped off and pointed at the poo on the floor and then at the potty! Which at this point all I could do was agree with him and say yes the wonderful gift you left me was suppose to be left in the potty not the floor!!


POO GOES IN THE POTTY NOT ON THE FLOOR!


So that was the wonderful day I had yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment