Saturday, July 3, 2010

A little about Jackson

I figured you needed to know a little bit about the little boy I am going to be writing about everyday so here is some info for you.

Besides being extremely ill for the first 5 months of my pregnancy and being kicked every minute of everyday by the baby who has not stopped running since, I had a pretty uneventful pregnancy. As for labour besides being sunny side up, labour was what I had prepared for more or less (again we do not have enough space or time to go through all that).

Jackson finally was born on December 9th, 5 days after the doctor's due date and a day before the due date I had decided he was coming on. Besides the little hiccup of being released on Thursday and being readmitted on Friday because my milk had not come in yet and the poor little boy was a little dehydrated, he was perfect in every way but what mom is going to say different.

The first couple of months went by in a whirlwind of excitement. We went to Mother Goose classes, exercise classes, baby massage and play groups. So I kept him and myself very busy which was great and got him out and socialized!

From day one he has been an on demand breastfed baby, yes it is a little exhausting at times but so worth it and yes at 18 months he is still breastfed and will be until he decides to stop. Mommy is way to weak of a person to do it for him!

Jackson has also been cloth diapered since about 7 months of age and would have been sooner if my husband had allowed it but he wanted nothing to do with it! I think he's warmed up to the idea of it now. He at least changes Jackson's bum for me!

Jackson co sleeps with us when needed and I try to wear him as much as he'll let me which is not much at all but I try.

Jackson rolled over at 3 months, army crawled by 5 months, crawled by 7 months, starting eating solid foods by 7 months, was standing on his own by 8 months and trying to walk at the same time but it wasn't until about 9 1/2-10 months he really started to walk or should I say run 100 percent! He also has learnt how to climb up almost everything. He started to say da da from very early on and now can say hi, daddy and ball. I have taught him sign language in which he knows milk, more, all done, all gone, water, thank you and we're working on please, yes and no. But for the most part he just screams at you until you figure out what he wants!

He's a happy loveable little boy with a personality all his own, he makes me laugh and smile and can warm me up if I've had a bad day. But he can also cause me so much grief at the same time, he is always on the go, into everything, loves to throw anything and everything he can get his hands on and loves to whine and cry if he doesn't get his own way! He'll fight you on diaper changes, fight to go in the stroller, fight to go in the car seat and the list goes on. But he's all mine and I love him more and more everyday and wouldn't change him for anything! He's my little monkey.

So let's get started on the stories and adventures of Jackson and his Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment