Monday, August 8, 2011

Stoney Creek Early Years

So I decided at the beginning of the summer that I would go around checking out all the different Early Years Centers in the area, just to see if I could meet new people and to give Jackson the opportunity to play with different toys and in different settings! So today we headed down to St David's in Stoney Creek which is the main location for the area and did we ever have a blast! What a great center they have down there. It's big and clean and the staff is really friendly, our friend Linda is there from the Binbrook OYEC. The center is divided into a couple of different rooms which is nice. I find it gives Jackson a wide range of things to do, he doesn't get as bored because he has different rooms to go to.  He had a great time today playing house and with the train table and water table! The best was the fact that he'd rather play in their gathering room with the lights off dancing and jumping around. At one point he found a rubber dog bone that he wanted me to throw at him so he could pick it up in his mouth and pretend he was a dog. This went on for a good 15 mins and he was just loving every minute of it!  Can't wait to go back and visit that location again! I think I may sign up for some of the activities that they offer for Jackson, I think he'd really enjoy that!

No comments:

Post a Comment